Suggested academic goals for students:
- Regular attendance
- Getting started on larger assignments/projects early
- Taking advantage of your professor’s office hours
- Reviewing your notes weekly
- Using all of your accommodations
- Asking for help/finding tutors when necessary
Not only should students set their academic goals (as academics should always be the priority at college!), but they should also consider personal, social and professional goals that will lead to a well-rounded life.
Suggested social goals:
- Getting involved in clubs
- Making a friend in every class
- Befriending a professor
- Class participation
- Staying in touch with family and old friends
- Eating 3 meals a day
- Making time each day for exercise
- Getting a minimum of 8 hours of sleep
- Keeping a journal
- Seeking out research opportunities on campus
- Exploring summer internships/jobs in the fall
- Taking advantage of your college’s Career Center
- Preparing early for graduate school
- Starting to networCollege Success Plan places great value in creating and maintaining a balanced life. The pursuit of balance is a lifelong feat and we encourage our students to invest in a balanced future today. By setting academic, social, personal and professional goals, students identify the aspects of their lives that are necessary for productivity and happiness.
At College Success Plan we view our thorough goal-setting and goal-maintaining activities to be of the utmost importance. They provide our students with a road map for the future. If your student is plagued by indecision or experiencing anxiety surrounding his/her future, please let us help. We offer a data-driven and individualized approach that provides our students with the focus, direction and confidence they need to discover what path will offer them the greatest fulfillment!