College students look to the summer as a much-needed break from their hectic and demanding school schedules. Many students take on jobs and internships; others opt to take additional coursework. Along with the change of environment, routine and expectations, students often disregard the habits they created on campus. We encourage you to view the summer as a time to help your students correct bad habits, replacing them with new, better and healthier choices.
While your students are home for the summer, encourage them to implement positive habits such as:
- Getting enough sleep (!!!)
- Maintaining a regular exercise routine
- Eating healthily
- Regularly checking their school email
- Visiting their school portal for important announcements
- Creating a back-to-school checklist that can be completed gradually over the course of the summer
- Identifying summer goals and creating a schedule that will ensure completion of these goals
- Staying in the habit of reading and writing, especially if these activities have posed challenges in the past
- Anticipating potential obstacles of the coming year and brainstorming solutions
The summer can be the perfect time for a student to implement a new, healthier and more effective routine. At College Success Plan, one of the most important contributions we make to our students’ lives is the creation and maintenance of balance. We help our students achieve balance in their academic, personal, professional and social lives. Such balance is a key component of a stable and happy lifestyle. Please encourage your students to view the summer as an important opportunity to create better habits and patterns that will set them up for success during the 2018-19 school year!