Why is getting more involved on campus in your best interest?
- It allows you to meet new people! Even if you have found a close group of friends, college is the perfect place to meet people of all different backgrounds and experiences. It is likely you will never again be surrounded by such an interesting and diverse selection of your peers. Don’t lose sight of all you can learn from your classmates!
- It forces you out of your shell! Clubs are a great place, especially for shy and introverted students, to relate to others based on mutual interests and passions. They provide a no-pressure environment in which to make friends and strengthen confidence!
- It exposes you to new hobbies and interests! You never know how enjoyable knitting, political activism, ultimate frisbee or reading French Poetry could be! The most interesting people have a wide range of talents and interests. Take advantage of the variety and availability of your college’s clubs and organizations!
- You can learn more about a potential career! Interested in pursuing a career in journalism? Writing for the school newspaper could either solidify this passion or inspire you to explore other professions. Interested in teaching? Joining a peer mentoring or volunteer tutoring club will provide you with relevant and applicable experience.
- It looks GREAT on a resume! Involvement in clubs and leadership positions within them demonstrate a passion for learning and a diversity of interest that will impress any potential employer.
- They’re fun! Don’t believe us? Commit to giving one new club a try each semester and see what happens!